Bay Wood Products Lead Operator Joey Jones Reporting for Third Tour of Duty in Kuwait Just After His Teenage Son Reports for Basic Training
ROBERTSDALE, Ala. (May 23, 2017) – For more than 20 years, Joey Jones has been a proud member of the National Guard, traveling twice to the Middle East for yearlong deployments and serving more often closer to home when hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural disasters threatened.
The lead operator for a seven head saw crew at Bay Wood Products in Robertsdale, Ala., Jones was recently notified of his deployment for at least a year to Kuwait along with other members of the 135th Expeditionary Sustainment Command (ESC), an Alabama Army National Guard Unit based in Birmingham.
The 50-year-old father of five, who holds the rank of E6 Staff Sergeant, said getting called up again after 23 years in the Guard was unexpected: "I’m honored, though, that they asked me to go."
"We want to recognize him and let him know how much we appreciate his service to our country," said Jimmy Wilson, founder and president of Bay Wood Products Inc. "Joey is a natural leader and one of the best employees we have."
Jones said this deployment will be the second during his 18-year tenure at Bay Wood Products. He joined the wooden pallet manufacturer in 1999, the same year his son, Jacob, was born. In 2004, Jones was deployed to Kuwait and Iraq.
"Bay Wood kept in touch with me and sent me care packages," Jones said, recalling the letters and treats that helped make his time away a little easier. "I’m Bay Wood for life. I love what I do and the people I work with. They are like family to me."
Jones’ 17-year-old-son Jacob, recently decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and join the National Guard. "He leaves for boot camp in June after completing his junior year in high school," Jones said. "I’ll be able to see him off before I leave."
Job Position Opening: Customer Service Representative
Bay Wood Products is looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our team. The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate with a degree concentrated in business administration, marketing or any other related field. Candidates must be able to provide exceptional, top-notch customer care while assisting the Sales Manager with day to day sales and customer service. Those duties include data entry, marketing, sales of alternative products, and collections, as necessary. Overtime hours may be required at times for this position to successfully meet the demands of our business and customers’ needs.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and possess a “can-do” attitude while demonstrating and promoting a team-centered vision and supporting the company mission. Candidates selected for review and consideration must have a strong work history with at least one year of verifiable customer service experience with a demonstrated and proven ability to work well independently with little to no supervision.
About Bay Wood Products (BWP)
BWP is a full-service manufacturer of wooden pallets, rough-cut lumber, dunnage and crates with a recent expansion into the biofuel and mulch markets. The company is one of the largest single-site manufacturers of wooden pallets in Alabama and Mississippi, specializing in customer-designed solutions to wood packing material needs. Since 1994, the company has crafted pallets of all shapes and sizes and specifications for big industry, large petroleum companies, and chemical companies, shipping agencies, manufacturers, farmers of sod and other crops. Bay Wood Products is located in Robertsdale, AL. For more information, visit bay-wood-products.com.
- Entering customer orders timely and accurately to support production scheduling
- Providing exceptional customer service and support to all internal and external customers
- Processing new account credit applications
- Assisting with collection of past due accounts
- Strong relationship building skills to establish and support maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Ability to handle and respond to customer needs after normal business hours and/or weekends when necessary
- Creating daily delivery tickets and daily delivery reports to support plant production
- Invoicing signed delivery tickets for Sales Manager approval
- Generating new opportunities to sell company services to meet customer needs and requirements
- Maintaining up to date customer files and documentation
- Prior customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to include telephone sales, negotiation and presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Proficient experience with MS Word and Excel