Job Position Opening: Customer Service Representative
Bay Wood Products is looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our team. The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate with a degree concentrated in business administration, marketing or any other related field. Candidates must be able to provide exceptional, top-notch customer care while assisting the Sales Manager with day to day sales and customer service. Those duties include data entry, marketing, sales of alternative products, and collections, as necessary. Overtime hours may be required at times for this position to successfully meet the demands of our business and customers’ needs.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and possess a “can-do” attitude while demonstrating and promoting a team-centered vision and supporting the company mission. Candidates selected for review and consideration must have a strong work history with at least one year of verifiable customer service experience with a demonstrated and proven ability to work well independently with little to no supervision.
About Bay Wood Products (BWP)
BWP is a full-service manufacturer of wooden pallets, rough-cut lumber, dunnage and crates with a recent expansion into the biofuel and mulch markets. The company is one of the largest single-site manufacturers of wooden pallets in Alabama and Mississippi, specializing in customer-designed solutions to wood packing material needs. Since 1994, the company has crafted pallets of all shapes and sizes and specifications for big industry, large petroleum companies, and chemical companies, shipping agencies, manufacturers, farmers of sod and other crops. Bay Wood Products is located in Robertsdale, AL. For more information, visit bay-wood-products.com.
- Entering customer orders timely and accurately to support production scheduling
- Providing exceptional customer service and support to all internal and external customers
- Processing new account credit applications
- Assisting with collection of past due accounts
- Strong relationship building skills to establish and support maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Ability to handle and respond to customer needs after normal business hours and/or weekends when necessary
- Creating daily delivery tickets and daily delivery reports to support plant production
- Invoicing signed delivery tickets for Sales Manager approval
- Generating new opportunities to sell company services to meet customer needs and requirements
- Maintaining up to date customer files and documentation
- Prior customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to include telephone sales, negotiation and presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Proficient experience with MS Word and Excel
Bay Wood Products Wooden Pallets Now Designated as Biopreferred by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
ROBERTSDALE, ALA. (Jan. 11, 2017) -- The Pallet Design System used for years by Bay Wood Products to create wooden pallets for customers was recently designated as biopreferred by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
After an extensive review process that included third-party testing, the USDA BioPreferred Program and the National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) announced in November all coated and uncoated wooden pallets manufactured with NWPCA’s Pallet Design System (PDS) would be recognized by USDA’s BioPreferred Program. All Federal agencies and their contractors have a sustainable product acquisition mandate to purchase bio-based products identified by USDA’s BioPreferred program.
Bay Wood Products, Inc., in business in Baldwin County for more than 22 years, uses the PDS engineering program to ensure its wooden pallets safely and effectively carry product loads for global distribution.
“We are delighted the USDA has recognized our engineering design program and wood pallets with the biopreferred designation,” said Jimmy Wilson, founder and president of Bay Wood Products. “This offers our clients the added benefit of knowing the software we use to create custom wood pallets is already approved by all U.S. federal agencies and their contractors.” (Photo: Jimmy Wilson)
The BioPreferred Program was created by the 2002 Farm Bill and reauthorized and expanded as part of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (the 2014 Farm Bill). A product's bio-based content is the portion of a product that comes from a renewable carbon source, such as plant, animal, marine, or forestry feedstocks. Using bio-based materials displaces the need for non-renewable petroleum-based materials and plays a vital role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Wooden pallets are an $11.5 billion dollar annual industry, with nearly 3,000 mostly family-run businesses operating in all 50 states. On average, the staff at Bay Wood Products produces 2.5 million board feet of lumber a month resulting in an average of 95,000 wood pallets per month shipped to clients for global distribution.